Department of Electrical Engineering, Polytechnique Montreal
Automation and Systems Group
Director, Mobile Robotics and Autonomous Systems Laboratory
Group for Research on Decision Analysis (GERAD)
Institute for Data Valorization (IVADO)
- Systems and control theory.
- Decision-making under uncertainty, optimization of dynamic stochastic systems.
- Robotics: autonomous mobile robotic networks, navigation and perception.
- Privacy and security issues associated with cyber-physical systems.
- Design, analysis and verification of networked and embedded control systems.
- Multi-agent systems and Mean-Field Games.
- Intelligent infrastructures.
I am an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Polytechnique Montreal since May 2012, and a member of GERAD, a multi-university research group on decision analysis. I co-direct the Mobile Robotics and Autonomous Systems Laboratory. In the past I have been affiliated with the GRASP Laboratory and the PRECISE Center for embedded systems at the University of Pennsylvania, as well as the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems at MIT, where I received my PhD in September 2008. I graduated from the Ecole Polytechnique in France in 2001, and I also received in 2003 an M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan. You can see my CV and a more official biographical sketch for more details.
Selected Recent Papers
- R. Salhab, R. P. Malhamé and J. Le Ny, A Dynamic Game Model of Collective Choice in Multi-Agent Systems, conditionally accepted for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control.
- J. Le Ny, Privacy-Preserving Nonlinear Observer Design Using Contraction Analysis. Proceedings of the 54th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Osaka, Japan, December 2015.
- J. Le Ny and G. J. Pappas, Differentially Private Filtering. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 59 (2), pp. 341-354, February 2014.
- N. Atanasov, J. Le Ny, K. Daniilidis and G. J. Pappas, Decentralized Active Information Acquisition: Theory and Application to Multi-Robot SLAM, Proceedings of the International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Seattle, WA, May 2015.
- J. Le Ny and G. J. Pappas, Adaptive Deployment of Mobile Robotic Networks. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 58 (3), pp. 654-666, March 2013.
- After 7 months of competition, our students are one of the 10 teams selected out of 130 to participate in the final round of the DJI challenge this August! See their progress here:
- Participating in a tutorial session at CDC 2016 on "Differential Privacy in Control and Networked Systems", organized by Jorge Cortes, UCSD
- Optimization Days Conference (May 2-4 2016 at HEC Montreal)
- April 2016: Talk at the Decision and Control Group Seminar, Georgia Tech
- April 2015: Talk at the Decision and Control Group Seminar, UIUC
- January 2015: John R. Evans Leaders Fund from the Canadian Foundation for Innovation awarded to develop a laboratory for "Distributed Robust Networks of Autonomous and Embedded Systems (DRONES)"