Department of Electrical Engineering, Polytechnique Montreal
Automation and Systems Group
Director, Mobile Robotics and Autonomous Systems Laboratory
Group for Research on Decision Analysis (GERAD)
Institute for Data Valorization (IVADO)
I am on sabbatical leave at the Technical University of Munich until August 2019
- Systems and control theory.
- Decision-making under uncertainty, optimization of dynamic stochastic systems.
- Robotics: autonomous mobile robotic networks, navigation and perception.
- Privacy and security issues associated with cyber-physical systems.
- Design, analysis and verification of networked and embedded control systems.
- Multi-agent systems and Mean-Field Games.
- Intelligent infrastructures.
I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Polytechnique Montreal since May 2012, and a member of GERAD, a multi-university research group on decision analysis. I co-direct the Mobile Robotics and Autonomous Systems Laboratory. In the past I have been affiliated with the GRASP Laboratory and the PRECISE Center for embedded systems at the University of Pennsylvania, as well as the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems at MIT, where I received my PhD in September 2008. I graduated from the Ecole Polytechnique in France in 2001, and I also received in 2003 an M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan. You can see my CV and a more official biographical sketch for more details.
Selected Recent Papers
- R. Salhab, R. P. Malhamé and J. Le Ny, A Dynamic Game Model of Collective Choice in Multi-Agent Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, to appear.
- J. Le Ny, Privacy-Preserving Nonlinear Observer Design Using Contraction Analysis. Proceedings of the 54th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Osaka, Japan, December 2015.
- J. Le Ny and G. J. Pappas, Differentially Private Filtering. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 59 (2), pp. 341-354, February 2014.
- N. Atanasov, J. Le Ny, K. Daniilidis and G. J. Pappas, Decentralized Active Information Acquisition: Theory and Application to Multi-Robot SLAM, Proceedings of the International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Seattle, WA, May 2015.
- J. Le Ny and G. J. Pappas, Adaptive Deployment of Mobile Robotic Networks. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 58 (3), pp. 654-666, March 2013.